Cable Height Meter
The Suparule Cable Height Meter is a handheld meter for measurement of cable sag, cable height distance and overhead clearance of conductors. It is an alternative to telescopic measuring poles. The Suparule Cable Height Meter utilises ultrasonic signals to determine the height of overhead cables up to 23m (75ft).
Used by line operators within the utilities industries, eg electricity and telecommunications, the CHM190 measures the height of a single wire, the CHM300 and CHM300E measure up to 3 wires, while the CHM600 and CHM600E models measure up to 6 wires.
How It Works
The Cable Height Meter emits short bursts of sound which originate from the cone-shaped transmitter. The microprocessor in the instruments calculates the elapsed time for the bursts of sound to be reflected from the cable back to the instrument. The result can be displayed in either imperial or metric format.
To account for the fact that speed of sound varies with temperature, a temperature sensor, mounted at the front of the instruments, senses the actual air temperature and automatically compensates.
Applications include height measurement of distribution lines, transmission lines, street lighting, telephone lines, sag (lowest point to ground) and clearances on construction sites and roads.
The Cable Height Meters offer an easy way to check whether the device has remained in calibration since its purchase date. Switching to ‘CAL’ mode also allows the instruments to be used indoors.
Features and Benefits
- Quick measurement – saves time and money
- Inherently safe — no physical connection to cables or wires required to obtain measurement
- Extremely Accurate — measures to accuracy of 0.5%
- Simple, three-button operation – ensures fast, effective measurements with a minimum of operator training
- Compact size — its lightweight and hand-held portability allows easy transportation
- Multiple measurements
- Maintenance-free – proven reliability in the field, no adjustments required
|ACCURACY||0.5% ± 2 digits|
|MIN GAP BETWEEN WIRES||150mm|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE||-10 °C to 40 °C|
|BATTERY LIFE||50,000 measurements|
|DIMENSIONS||205mm x 100mm x 70mm|