CPI wedge connectors consist of a spring ‘C’ body and wedge combined with a ‘shear head’ bolt and offer a high performance connection that has low resistance, is durable and easy to install.
Wedge Type Tap Connectors
CPI wedge connectors consist of a spring ‘C’ body and wedge combined with a ‘shear head’ bolt and offer a high performance connection that has low resistance, is durable and easy to install. The spring body of the connector will flex and maintain a constant force as thermal cycling causes conductors to expand and contract. During installation, when the correct spring tension is achieved, the shear head bolt will break off giving the installer a positive indication of a correctly completed connection. If necessary the connector can be removed by unscrewing the bolt.
- Utilises the industry proven wedge connecting principle and is quick and easy to apply using only a spanner, ratchet wrench or impact wrench.
- The spring like qualities of the ‘C’ body ensure permanent connection and maintains consistent pressure on the conductor.
- Can be used easily for live line connections using hot sticks.
- High conductivity grit type corrosion inhibitor is factory applied for ease of installation and longevity while the connector is in service.
- Meets or exceeds the current carrying capacity of the conductors being connected.
- Easy to remove and reuse without damage to the conductor.
- Full range of sizes available to accommodate all combinations of conductor and tap.
- Available in aluminium body with high conductivity aluminium alloy interface or copper and bronze alloys with pure copper interface and can be tin plated for bi-metal connections.
- Bail type wedge connectors are used to protect the main line conductor from damage and arcing when hot line clamps are used in live working applications. Bail type wedge connectors are extremely beneficial where quick and easy disconnections and reconnections are required.
- Copper bail or whole connector can be tin plated for bi-metal applications.
- Available as a pad tap connector for fixing NEMA standard fittings such as paddle stirrups, for ease of making live line connection using hot line clamps.
- Paddle stirrups are of bi-metallic construction allowing connection between aluminium components and bronze hot line clamps or other copper/bronze connectors.
|VARIOUS||Please contact us to discuss your requirements|